Ivy

My photo
We accept the love we think we deserve.

Monday, August 5, 2013

Stucked in the reverse

"as we tried to empty ourselves
so we would feel nothing
don’t tell me that hurts less than a broken bone" - Till this day 

We've been spending our days trying to fit in. Making sacrifices just to feel right among your friends. I know. I know I look unhappy and moody all the time. But that's just my normal face, so why isit that all of you must point out the fact that I am moody all the time when that's just my normal face? Why do you want to insert so much negativity into my life making me feel self conscious. School used to be a place where I meet great friends, learn new things and have fun. Till the day when everyone starts to  throw darts at me, bombarding me with questions or passing nasty comments like ' why are you balding. Why is your face so round. Why is your forehead so big. Why do you keep glaring at people. Why don't you lose some weight. Can't you smile properly? You have a pimple on your face. Are you on your period? ' Sometimes I will try to put up a strong front and defend myself, acting like it doesn't affect me at all. But have you ever wondered how those words impacted me? Making me feel inferior in every aspect. Before you start being so judgemental, ask yourself, look at yourself in the mirror. Are you perfect? No? Then what gives you the right to criticise others? Do you put others down just to feel better about yourself? That's plain stupid and selfish. You and your insensitive nature can ruin someone's life. Making them feel like going to school is heading to the entrance of hell. Maybe that's the reason why many people dread coming to school when they have to face a sea of judgmental faces. When they have to put on yet another mask to feel accepted. All it takes is just that one more person to tell them they are not good enough and they will crumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment